D-Day 70th anniversary
Find out about the best events and places to visit for the D-Day anniversary and choose from our great selection of holiday and break offers in Normandy.
Portsmouth to Cherbourg Ferries
Sail to Cherbourg in just 3 hours
Our Portsmouth to Cherbourg ferry provides perfect crossing options for passengers travelling from London and the South who want to get to France fast. Sail on our fast-craft the Normandie Express and get to Cherbourg in just 3 hours.
- A morning departure Monday - Friday, arriving in Cherbourg early afternoon, alternatively Friday to Sunday afternoon departures at 16:00hrs arriving at 20:00hrs.
- Portsmouth to Cherbourg in just 3 hours
- Comfortable lounge and excellent onboard facilities
Portsmouth is a vibrant city with a rich maritime heritage and busy harbour quarter. The Norman city of Cherbourg also has a long naval history and the harbour, marina and old fishing port each wait to be explored. Portsmouth and Cherbourg both have easy access to motorways for a fast and convenient journey.
Convenient sailing times
Choose a morning sailing from Portsmouth between Monday and Friday and you'll be in France in time for lunch! Whether you are planning a day trip, a weekend break or a longer holiday, get to France faster with Brittany Ferries and make the most of your trip.
Time saving onward journeys
Spend less time travelling and more time on your holidays with our mile-saving route network. Choose the route most convenient for your destination to enjoy a shorter drive in France, saving you time and money.
- Enjoy free flowing traffic on the modern motorway network from Cherbourg to Paris and holiday France
- Portsmouth is only two hours drive from London
Plan your route with our driving distances from Cherbourg and discover holiday accommodation to match your needs. Choose from campsites, holiday cottages, gites and hotels to create your perfect holiday.