Ferries to France
The closest port to London offers the widest choice to France
- Fast-craft, day or night cruises
- Mix & match your routes
- Day-trips, short breaks and a wide choice of holidays also available
Portsmouth to France ferries
Portsmouth ferries to Cherbourg, Caen, Le Havre & St Malo
Brittany Ferries fleet of Portsmouth ferries to France provide a wide selection of sailing times and dates. All ferries offer superior onboard comfort and carry both cars and passengers. Select between cruise ferries for relaxing day or overnight sailings and, for the quickest crossings, our fast ferries sail from Portsmouth to France in 3 hours
Portsmouth is the closest ferry port to London and with direct access from the motorway is easily reached from the Midlands and Southern England.
- Cruise across from Portsmouth to Caen in under 6 hours during the day or sail overnight.
- Cruise to St Malo in just under 11 hours overnight and sail back on a daytime crossing.
- The Portsmouth fast-craft ferry crossing to Cherbourg takes just 3 hours with departures every day.
- Cruise to Le Havre onboard Etretat our new économie service which takes 5 hours and 30 mins by day, alternatively choose the fast-craft option taking 3 hours 45 mins.
Brittany Ferries mile-saving route network means you sail closer to your holiday destination, spending less time in the car for a longer holiday.
Portsmouth ferry routes to France
Portsmouth to Caen Ferries
Portsmouth to St Malo Ferries
Portsmouth to Cherbourg Ferries
Portsmouth to Le Havre Ferries
We offer the widest choice of cross channel ferries to France and Spain. If you're new to Brittany Ferries, find out which ferry crossing is perfect for you.
With Brittany Ferries, your holiday begins onboard. Find out why we were voted Favourite Ferry Operator at the Telegraph Travel Awards 2013.
Search our huge range of holiday accommodation to find ferry inclusive holidays at hotels, cottages and campsites in France and Spain.