Portsmouth to Bilbao ferries
Cruise to Spain in just 24 hours
Enjoy a cruise to Spain with Brittany Ferries' Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry route. There are two sailings each way every week for a choice of journey to suit you. Choose your departure day for a relaxing one or two night crossing onboard our luxury cruise ferry the Cap Finistère and start your holiday in style! Take your car and avoid the stress and hassle of flying for the most convenient Spanish holiday.
- Twice weekly sailings departing Sunday and Wednesday
- Travel from Portsmouth to Bilbao in 24 or 32 hours
- Start your holiday when you board with a luxury cruise experience
Portsmouth and Bilbao both offer excellent road links with access to motorways from the ports for an easy, fast onward journey. Portsmouth has plenty of restaurants, hotels and shops in the vicinity of the port and is within two hours drive of London. Bilbao is in the Basque region of Spain and has an exciting blend of modern and historical attractions to explore. It is an ideal entry point to Spain with Madrid only a four hour drive and Barcelona around six hours away.
Sailing times from Portsmouth
The two return sailings from Portsmouth to Bilbao each week depart at 12 mid-day on Wednesdays for an overnight crossing and at 10.30pm on Sunday for a two night journey**. Get the holiday started straight away with a dip in the pool, a visit to the cinema or a delicious meal in one of the onboard restaurants and explore the stylish lounges and sundecks before retiring to your comfortable, private cabin for a restful night's sleep.
Fast access to Spain & the South of France
When you holiday with Brittany Ferries you can sail closer to your destination with a range of routes available so you can choose the port that's best for you and reduce your driving time in Spain. This mile-saving network means you'll be able to spend less on petrol, tolls and other travel expenses and you'll reach your destination faster.
- Bilbao is ideally placed for fast access by road to Northern Spain or the South of France
- Portsmouth is easy to reach with the M27 linking the city directly to the motorway network. Select your holiday destination and plan your route with our guide to driving distances from Bilbao, then search our extensive range of campsites, holiday cottages, gites and hotels all over France and Spain to find the perfect holiday accommodation in your chosen area.
** The Sunday departure departs at 22:30 and is a two night crossing. The ship stops in Roscoff on Monday morning for 1h 30min to allow for a change of crew and to load supplies (passengers may not disembark). The ship arrives in Bilbao on Tuesday morning.