Which route is right for you?
Choose the ferry route that's perfect for you
Brittany Ferries offers a wide choice of ferry routes to France and Spain with three departure ports on the South Coast and seven continental destinations. Select from daytime or overnight cruises or fast-craft crossings to find the most convenient sailing for you.
To select the ferry route that's perfect for you, consider our choice of departure ports, our destination ports in France and Spain and the convenient times that our sailings operate.
A choice of departure ports
Ferries to France are available daily from Portsmouth, Poole and Plymouth with easy access to the ports from the motorway network. Ferries to Spain depart from Portsmouth and Plymouth with a choice of three return cruises a week.
Portsmouth ferry routes
- Just under one hour from Wimbledon, London down the A3
- Only 1 hour from Reading and 1 hour 20 minutes from Oxford
- Easily reached from the Midlands and the South
- Six choices of ferry route to France and Spain
- Ferries to Caen, St. Malo, Cherbourg and Le Havre in France
- Ferries to Santander and Bilbao in Spain
Poole ferry route
- Just 2 hours from Bristol and well connected by good A-roads
- Easy to reach from the West of England, Wales and the South
- Ferries from Poole to Cherbourg in as little as 4½ hours
Plymouth ferry routes
- 2 ¼ hours from Bristol via the M5 motorway
- Ideal for travel from the South West, Wales and the Midlands
- For France, choose the Plymouth - Roscoff ferry route
- For Spain, enjoy a cruise from Plymouth - Santander
Cork ferry route
- Conveniently located in Southern Ireland
- 2 ½ hours from Dublin via the M7 & M8 motorways
- Luxurious cruise ferry route from Cork - Roscoff
Sail with Brittany Ferries for the most convenient crossing to France or Spain. Choose your departure and destination ports to reduce driving time so you'll get there faster and save money on petrol. Select from fast crossings, day cruises and overnight options to find a travel experience that will suit you and your family. Discover a relaxing, enjoyable onboard experience with our luxury ferries offering a range of restaurants, onboard entertainment and private cabins. You can even mix and match your routes and types of crossing to meet your holiday requirements. Bon voyage!
A choice of destination ports
Choose your destination port to sail closer to your holiday resort. Many of the ports are delightful places to visit in themselves, but if you are planning a break that requires a drive to reach your accommodation, deciding on the right port can take hours off your drive saving you time and money.
Ferry routes to Brittany
- A popular holiday region with good access to Western France & Atlantic Coast
- St Malo is served by the Portsmouth - St. Malo ferry route
- Roscoff is served by the Plymouth - Roscoff ferry route and Cork - Roscoff cruise ferry
Ferry routes to Normandy
- Good connections to Paris and all regions of France
- Easy for touring the Western Loire and Brittany
- Caen (best for Paris) is served by the Portsmouth - Caen ferry route
- Le Havre (best for eastern France) is served by the Portsmouth - Le Havre ferry route
- Cherbourg is served by Portsmouth - Cherbourg and Poole - Cherbourg ferry routes
Ferry routes to Spain
A choice of ferries & departures
Choosing your sailing to France or Spain might also depend on the timings of the crossing. There are timetables with departures every day on many routes, with fast-craft or cruise ferry options allowing you to travel with or without your car.
Fast ferry route
Cruise ferry routes to France
- Cruise to Brittany or Normandy from Portsmouth, Plymouth or Poole
- For St Malo choose the Portsmouth - St Malo crossing
- For Cherbourg choose the Portsmouth - Cherbourg crossing
- For Caen select Portsmouth - Caen
- For Le Havre select Portsmouth - Le Havre
- For Roscoff choose Plymouth - Roscoff or from Ireland, the Cork - Roscoff cruise ferry
- Enjoy a luxurious onboard experience with a choice of restaurants and entertainment
- Overnight sailings available with choice of comfortable en-suite accommodation and the added convenience of a morning arrival in France
Cruise ferry routes to Spain
- Cruise in style to Santander or Bilbao on our luxury cruise ferries
- Enjoy a relaxing start to your holiday with a choice of excellent restaurants, on board facilities and en-suite cabin accommodation choices
- Cruise to Santander on the Portsmouth - Santander and Plymouth - Santander ferry routes
- Cruise to Bilbao on the Portsmouth - Bilbao ferry route
- Mix and match your return journeys to suite you schedule