Pet Friendly Holidays in France & Spain
Take your pet to France and Spain with Brittany Ferries and the Pet Travel Scheme.
Pet friendly holidays in France & Spain
We feature a superb range of pet friendly holiday accommodation in France, Spain and Portgual.
Travelling with your pet
Hate the thought of leaving your pet behind? Then why not take it with you with Brittany Ferries and the Pet Travel Scheme? On board, your pet will travel in the comfort and familiarity of your car, where you can visit them during the crossing. Some sailings even offer dedicated kennels and pet friendly cabins.
Great value pet friendly holidays
Brittany Ferries are approved carriers for cats, dogs and ferrets travelling under the rules of the scheme.
Benefits of taking your pet on holiday
- Avoid the worry associated with leaving your pet behind
- Avoid the stress of kennel accommodation on your pet
- Save on kennel costs
- Enrich your holiday activities
- Quite simply because you will enjoy it and make some great memories!
We offer the widest choice of cross channel ferries to France and Spain. If you're new to Brittany Ferries, find out which ferry crossing is perfect for you.
Travelling with your family to France or Spain with Brittany Ferries is so easy - and far less hassle than flying.
Enjoy 0% commission at our UK ferry ports and competitive rates.
Frequently asked questions
Popular questions about travelling with your pet.
- Where are animals kept whilst on-board?
- How often can I visit my pet during the crossing?
- Who feeds my pet during the sailing?
- How do I check-in with a pet?
- Does my dog need a muzzle when travelling?
- Are animals allowed in cabins or public areas of the ship?
- Do quarantine regulations still apply?
- On which routes can I take my pet?
- Can pets be booked online?
- Do I need any documentation for my pet?
Helpful check list
- Has your pet been micro-chipped
- Is the pet's passport valid?
- Have you found a vet in France or Spain able to treat your dog for tapeworm?
- Has the tapeworm treatment been done more than 24 but less than 120 hours before schedules arrival time in the UK?
- Do you have a muzzle and have familiarised your pet with it?
- Does your animal have water, absorbent bedding and adequate ventilation in you car for the crossing?
- Do you have sufficient poo bags?