Brittany Ferries Recruitment
Port Operations Assistant (Part-Time)
£8.84ph (inclusive of flexibility allowance)
Temporary part-time positions are available from mid June until early September. Working an average of 20 hours per week on a flexible roster, Monday-Sunday inclusive. The role is highly customer service focused, dealing with the check-in of passengers, and suits individuals who possess a considerable degree of flexibility, mobility and enthusiasm for variation.
Applicants should be of smart appearance, friendly with excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to providing outstanding customer service. A successful candidate must meet the legal requirement to work in the EU, aged 18 or over, and be able to converse fluently in English. Additional language skills and customer service experience would be an advantage.
No previous experience is necessary, as full training is provided. Applicants should be aware that public transport may not be available during our early morning or late night opening hours, including weekends.
Additional important information:
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of submission, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Applications to be e-mailed to:
Webmaster/ Web Content Administrator
Dependent on experience
The importance of the Brittany Ferries website both as a booking platform and for providing information about the company and its services is continuing to grow. More than 70% of direct ferry bookings and over 50% of holidays are booked online.
The web team in Plymouth maintains www.brittany-ferries.co.uk & www.brittanyferries.ie and also has an input into the French, Spanish & German passenger sites as well as the company freight websites. Brittany Ferries is currently developing a fully responsive website based on an open source CMS. The successful candidate will be fully involved in this process, as well as ensuring the current sites are maintained with clear, concise and accurate information.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join the team and help us to achieve our objectives. The successful candidate will have a superb understanding of how website construction, functionality, writing/ web publishing, search engine optimisation, information architecture, accessibility, design, usability/ customer journey, contributes to a successful website.
- To co-maintain the Brittany Ferries UK and Irish websites as well as contributing to the other sites in the portfolio
- Work closely with the web and marketing teams as well as external agencies to ensure the timely delivery of online marketing campaigns
- Edit and create engaging and relevant content, for both readers and search engines
Skills and attitude
The successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills, a strong customer focus and fantastic problem solving abilities. Hard-working and committed, they will take pride in their work and have the desire to see all issues through to resolution. They will also demonstrate a high level of competence in the following areas:
- A passion for digital and the world of online - someone who thrives on new knowledge and technologies
- A strong commercial awareness
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to identify problems and use initiative to tackle and solve them
- Whilst not essential, experience of the travel sector would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working with Content Management Systems in a commercial setting is essential. A good knowledge of Drupal would be a distinct advantage
- A proven track record of working with HTML, CSS and XML; Photoshop and/ or Fireworks; Search engine optimization; Google Analytics / Google Webmaster Tools
What we offer
- A friendly and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to be involved with and to drive new projects forward
- A generous pension scheme
- An NHS Cash Plan
- Concessionary travel
- Discounted travel arrangements with several airline and ferry operators
- A staff social committee that organises activities and social events throughout the year
- Discounted gym membership
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com by 13 May 2016.
Recruitment for onboard staff is handled through our Roscoff office, who have a permanent recruitment site. French and English language skills are considered a prerequisite for onboard staff.
About the Company
Brittany Ferries is a French company, founded in the early 1970's by a group of Breton farmers, primarily to get their produce from France to the UK. From there, the company has grown enormously and now operates services from Plymouth to Roscoff, Plymouth and Portsmouth to Santander, Portsmouth to Bilbao (Northern Spain), Portsmouth to Caen, Portsmouth to St Malo, Portsmouth to Cherbourg, Portsmouth to Le Havre and Poole to Cherbourg. Additionally, we operate a service from Roscoff to Cork. As well as its range of popular and award winning ferry services Brittany Ferries also offers a wide selection of inclusive holiday packages, incorporating hotels, villas and cottages on the Continent.