Portsmouth to Cherbourg ferry crossings
(COVID-19) Due to current circumstances, we have unfortunately had to consolidate some of our services. Check our sailing updates for the most up-to-date information on our routes and sailings.
Our shortest ferry crossing
Sailings from Portsmouth to Cherbourg operate once a week aboard our brand-new ship, Galicia with additional sailings from April 2022 aboard Salamanca.
Portsmouth to Cherbourg sailing times
- Weekly sailings available on Sundays until April 2022
- Twice weekly sailings available on Wednesdays and Thursdays from April 2022
- All sailings are overnight crossings (8 hrs)
Cherbourg to Portsmouth sailing times
- Weekly sailings available on Mondays until April 2022
- Twice weekly sailings available on Thursdays and Fridays from April 2022
- Monday sailings are overnight crossings (9 hrs 15 mins)
- From April 2022, all sailings are afternoon crossings (around 6 hrs)
View the full Portsmouth to Cherbourg ferry timetable for exact sailing times including seasonal variations.