Portsmouth to Bilbao ferries
(COVID-19) Due to current circumstances, we have unfortunately had to consolidate some of our services. Check our sailing updates for the most up-to-date information on our routes and sailings.
Cruise to Spain in just 24 hours
Enjoy a cruise to Spain with Brittany Ferries' Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry route. There are at least two sailings each way every week with an extra sailing on Tuesdays during the autumn. Choose a Sunday or Wednesday departure for a relaxing one or two night crossing aboard our luxury cruise ferry, Cap Finistère, and start your holiday in style! Or sail on Tuesdays aboard Connemara, one of our économie ships, for a no-frills yet comfortable service. Take your car and avoid the stress and hassle of flying for the most convenient Spanish holiday.
- Twice weekly sailings aboard Cap Finistère departing Sunday and Wednesday
- Weekly sailings aboard Connemara departing Tuesday during the autumn
- Travel from Portsmouth to Bilbao in 24 or 32 hours
- Choose a luxury experience aboard Cap Finistère or a comfortable, no-frills service aboard Connemara
Portsmouth and Bilbao both offer excellent road links with access to motorways from the ports for an easy, fast onward journey. Portsmouth has plenty of restaurants, hotels and shops in the vicinity of the port and is within two hours drive of London. Bilbao is in the Basque region of Spain and has an exciting blend of modern and historical attractions to explore. It is an ideal entry point to Spain with Madrid only a 4-hour drive and Barcelona around 6 hours away.
Sailing times from Portsmouth
The two return sailings from Portsmouth to Bilbao each week on Cap Finistère depart at 12:00 on Wednesdays for an overnight crossing and at 22:30 on Sunday for a two night journey**. Get the holiday started straight away with a dip in the pool, a visit to the cinema or a delicious meal in one of the onboard restaurants and explore the stylish lounges and sundecks before retiring to your comfortable, private cabin for a restful night's sleep.
Tuesday sailings aboard our économie ship depart at 08:45 for an overnight sailing that arrives into Bilbao at 14:15 on Wednesday.
Portsmouth to Bilbao économie service
Our économie service from Portsmouth to Bilbao departs at 08:45 every Tuesday. The service is ideal for those looking for a cheap ferry ticket to Spain without the cruise-style experience we provide on our cruise ferries. Find out more about Brittany Ferries économie service.
Fast access to Spain & the South of France
When you holiday with Brittany Ferries you can sail closer to your destination with a range of routes available so you can choose the port that's best for you and reduce your driving time in Spain. This mile-saving network means you'll be able to spend less on petrol, tolls and other travel expenses and you'll reach your destination faster.
- Bilbao is ideally placed for fast access by road to Northern Spain or the South of France
- Portsmouth is easy to reach with the M27 linking the city directly to the motorway network. Select your holiday destination and plan your route with our guide to driving distances from Bilbao, then search our extensive range of campsites, holiday cottages, gites and hotels all over France and Spain to find the perfect holiday accommodation in your chosen area.
** The Sunday departure departs at 22:30 and is a two night crossing. The ship stops in Roscoff on Monday morning for 1 hr 30 mins to allow for a change of crew and to load supplies (passengers may not disembark). The ship arrives in Bilbao on Tuesday morning.