Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry crossings
Portsmouth -Bilbao ferry options
There are at least two departures on Brittany Ferries' Portsmouth to Bilbao route every week. Foot passengers and cars are carried on all our ships. Our luxury ferry, Cap Finistère, offers a range of cabin options and exciting onboard entertainments to make the crossing an enjoyable and relaxed start to your holiday. We also offer sailings on our économie ships.
Portsmouth to Bilbao sailing times
- Two departures each week aboard Cap Finistère (24 or 32 hrs)
- Set sail at 12:00 on Wednesday and arrive in Spain at 12:45 Thursday
- Set sail at 22:30 Sunday and arrive in Spain at 07:45 on Tuesday
- Tuesday sailings on one of our économie ships at 08:45, arriving in Spain at 14:15 on Wednesday (28 hrs 30 mins)
Bilbao to Portsmouth sailing times
- Two return crossings each week aboard Cap Finistère (24 hrs)
- Sail at 10:30 on Tuesday and arrive in Portsmouth at 09:15 on Wednesday
- Depart at 15:30 on Thursday and arrive in Portsmouth at 14:15 on Friday
- Wednesday sailings on one of our économie ships at 17:15, arriving in Portsmouth at 20:45 on Thursday (26 hrs 30 mins)
View the full Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry timetable.
Plan a family holiday...
Getting there: Board the ferry on Wednesday for a 12:00 departure from Portsmouth to Bilbao. Bring your car, your children and even the family dog! Enjoy an evening meal in one of the onboard restaurants - choose from a brasserie, a café serving pizzas, pasta, burgers, salads and snacks or a food market, there is sure to be something to suit even the fussiest diner. Visit the movie lounge or children's play area before retiring to your cabin. You'll be able to access to your cabin throughout the journey so you can relax in privacy, allow children (and pets) to nap during the day and get a great night's sleep. Spend a leisurely day on board exploring the decks, enjoying the views and swimming in the heated outdoor pool before arriving in Bilbao at 12:45 on Thursday lunchtime.
Getting back: Spend a fortnight in Spain then take a 15:30 on Thursday return sailing. Relax in your luxury cabin or take advantage of the onboard entertainments on your 24 hour crossing. Arrive back in Portsmouth at 14:15 on Friday refreshed and ready for your car journey home.