Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry crossings
(COVID-19) Due to current circumstances, we have unfortunately had to consolidate some of our services. Check our sailing updates for the most up-to-date information on our routes and sailings.
Portsmouth -Bilbao ferry options
There are three departures on Brittany Ferries' Portsmouth to Bilbao route every week. Foot passengers and cars are carried on all our ships. Our ferry, Cap Finistère, offers a range of cabin options and exciting onboard entertainments to make the crossing an enjoyable and relaxed start to your holiday.
Portsmouth to Bilbao sailing times
- Three departures each week aboard Cap Finistère (23 hours 30 mins to 31 hrs 45 mins)
- Set sail at 12:00 on Saturday and arrive in Spain at 12:45 on Sunday
- Set sail on Monday at 17:00 and arrive in Spain at 17:30 on Tuesday
- Set sail at 23:00 on Wednesday and arrive in Spain at 07:45 on Friday
Bilbao to Portsmouth sailing times
- Three return crossings each week aboard Cap Finistère (around 24 hrs)
- Set sail at 20:30 on Thursday and arrive in Portsmouth at 20:30 on Friday
- Set sail at 10:30 on Friday and arrive in Portsmouth at 09:15 on Saturday
- Set sail at 15:30 Sunday and arrive in Portsmouth at 14:15 on Monday
View the full Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry timetable.
Plan a family holiday...
Getting there: Board the ferry on Monday for a 17:00 departure from Portsmouth to Bilbao. Bring your car, your children and even the family dog! Enjoy an evening meal in one of the onboard restaurants - choose from a brasserie, a café serving pizzas, pasta, burgers, salads and snacks or a food market, there is sure to be something to suit even the fussiest diner. Visit the movie lounge or children's play area before retiring to your cabin. You'll be able to access to your cabin throughout the journey so you can relax in privacy, allow children (and pets) to nap during the day and get a great night's sleep. Spend a leisurely day on board exploring the decks, enjoying the views and swimming in the heated outdoor pool before arriving in Bilbao at 17:30 on Tuesday.
Getting back: Spend a fortnight in Spain then take a 20:30 return sailing on Tuesday. Relax in your cabin or take advantage of the onboard entertainments on your 25 hour crossing. Arrive back in Portsmouth at 20:30 on Wednesday.