Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry crossings
Portsmouth -Bilbao ferry options
There are two departures on Brittany Ferries' Portsmouth to Bilbao route every week. Foot passengers and cars are carried on our modern car ferry Cap Finistère which offers a range of cabin options and exciting onboard entertainments making the crossing an enjoyable and relaxed start to your holiday.
Portsmouth to Bilbao sailing times
- Two departures each week (24 or 32 hour crossing time)
- Set sail at 11.45am on Wednesday and arrive in Spain at 12.45 Thursday lunchtime.
- Set sail at 10.30pm Sunday and arrive in Spain at 7.45am on Tuesday
Bilbao to Portsmouth sailing times
- Two return crossings each week (24 hour crossing time)
- Sail at 10.30am on Tuesday and arrive in Portsmouth at 9am on Wednesday
- Depart at 3.30pm on Thursday and arrive in Portsmouth at 14.15pm on Friday
View the full Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry timetable.
Plan a family holiday...
Getting there: Board the ferry on Wednesday for a 11.45am departure from Portsmouth to Bilbao. Bring your car, your children and even the family dog! Enjoy an evening meal in one of the onboard restaurants - choose from a brasserie, a café serving pizzas, pasta, burgers, salads and snacks or a food market, there is sure to be something to suit even the fussiest diner. Visit the movie lounge or children's play area before retiring to your cabin. You'll be able to access to your cabin throughout the journey so you can relax in privacy, allow children (and pets) to nap during the day and get a great night's sleep. Spend a leisurely day on board exploring the decks, enjoying the views and swimming in the heated outdoor pool before arriving in Bilbao at 12.45 on Thursday lunchtime.
Getting back: Spend a fortnight in Spain then take a 3.30pm on Thursday return sailing. Relax in your luxury cabin or take advantage of the onboard entertainments on your 24 hour crossing. Arrive back in Portsmouth at 14.15pm on Friday refreshed and ready for your car journey home.