Travelling with a pet on board Normandie
We make every effort to ensure the comfort and safety of pets on board our ships.
Here we'll explain what you need to know about booking with us and what it's like to travel on board Normandie as a passenger with a pet.
Your dog must be muzzled at all times when outside of your vehicle or your pet's accommodation on board. This includes whilst in the pet exercise area.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You will need to have an EU Animal Health Certificate or a Pet Passport issued by an EU country for your pet to travel
- We recommend that your dog has been exercised and toileted before boarding the ship
- Your dog's chip will be scanned and your documentation will be checked
- We will place a sticker on your car windscreen to ensure you're parked appropriately on board. Please do not remove this sticker until having exited your port of arrival
On board (pet staying in vehicle)
Pets aren't allowed in cabins, the pet exercise area or any other public areas of the ship (except registered assistance dogs); they must remain in your vehicle.
- We strongly recommend opening your vehicle window to provide ventilation during the sailing and leaving some water for your pet.
- The garage decks may be warm when you first park, but once the ship is at sea, the temperature is carefully regulated and inspected regularly.
Access to the garage decks during the crossing is forbidden, except when with a member of our crew.
To visit your pet during your sailing, you will need a badge. Badges can be obtained upon presentation of your passport or driving licence at the information desk on deck 7; where your ID will be securely held during your visit. There are no pet visits to the garage decks on overnight sailings.
Please note that, for security reasons, visits are limited to one person per vehicle for a maximum of 15 minutes. For exact visit times, please ask a member of crew at the information desk. Pets must stay inside the vehicle as the purpose of these visits is to check on their wellbeing only.
All visits are subject to weather conditions and the captain reserves the right to change or refuse visits at any time.
Please note that there are no visits permitted on overnight sailings.
On board (pet staying in pet-friendly cabin)
Pets are allowed in pet-friendly cabins and designated exercise areas but not in any other public area of the ship (except registered assistance dogs).
- Once you have parked on board, a member of our crew will greet you and explain the procedure for taking your pet to your cabin.
- Your pet will need to stay in your vehicle temporarily whilst you exit the garage and head up to the passenger areas of the ship.
- Shortly after departure, you will be called to the information desk. You will need to have a form of identity with you.
- Your ID is held securely and exchanged for a badges, permitting you to go down and collect your pet from the garage.
- You and your pet will then be escorted to and from the garage and your pet-friendly cabin on deck 5.
- Once your pet is in their cabin, you’ll need to hand back your badges in exchange for your ID. This helps us to ensure that no one is left in the garage.
- On arrival at your destination, we will invite pet owners, over the tannoy, to return to their cabins and collect their pets. At this point you'll be allowed to return to your vehicle.
Whilst transferring your dog between your vehicle and your cabin, they must be muzzled and on a lead. This also applies in the designated pet exercise area.
For operational reasons, these procedures are subject to change. Please follow the instructions given to you by our crew. For further information, you can visit the information desk on deck 7.
In bad weather conditions, pets must remain in their pet-friendly cabin. Access to the pet exercise area will not be permitted.
You may leave your pet in your vehicle for the length of your journey, with visits subject to weather.
Our Pet-friendly 4 berth/ large 2 berth outside cabins are air conditioned, have a window, laminate flooring with space for a standard size animal bed and ensuite facilities.