Travelling with a pet on board Baie de Seine
We make every effort to ensure the comfort and safety of pets on board our ships.
Here we'll explain what you need to know about booking with us and what it's like to travel on board Baie de Seine as a passenger with a pet.
Your dog must be muzzled at all times when outside of your vehicle or your pet's accommodation on board. This includes whilst in the pet exercise area.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Prior to booking, ensure that your pet is compliant with the PETS Travel Scheme
- We recommend that your dog has been exercised and toileted before boarding the ship
- Your dog's chip will be scanned and your Pet Passport checked
- We will place a sticker on your car windscreen to ensure you're parked appropriately on board. Please do not remove this sticker until having exited your port of arrival
- Pets are allowed in pet-friendly cabins and designated exercise areas but not in any other public area of the ship (except registered assistance dogs).
- Once you have parked on board, a member of our crew will greet you and explain the procedure for taking your pet to your cabin.
- Your pet will need to stay in your vehicle temporarily whilst you exit the garage and head up to the passenger areas of the ship.
- Shortly after departure, you will be called to the information desk. You will need to have a form of identity with you.
- Your ID is held securely and exchanged for a ticket, permitting you to go down and collect your pet from the garage.
- You and your pet will then be escorted to and from the garage and your pet-friendly cabin.
- Once your pet is in their cabin, you’ll need to hand back your ticket in exchange for your ID. This helps us to ensure that no one is left in the garage.
- On arrival at your destination, we will invite pet owners, over the tannoy, to return to their cabins and collect their pets. At this point you'll be allowed to return to your vehicle.
For operational reasons, these procedures are subject to change. Please follow the instructions given to you by our crew. For further information, you can visit the information desk.
In bad weather conditions, pets must remain in their pet-friendly cabin. Access to the pet exercise area will not be permitted.
Our Pet-friendly 4 berth/ large 2 berth inside cabins are air conditioned, have bunk-style beds with space for a standard size animal bed and ensuite facilities.