Travelling with a pet on board Normandie Express
We make every effort to ensure the comfort and safety of pets on board our ships.
Here we'll explain what you need to know about booking with us and what it's like to travel on board Normandie Express as a passenger with a pet.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You will need to have an EU Animal Health Certificate or a Pet Passport issued by an EU country for your pet to travel
- We recommend that your dog has been exercised and toileted before boarding the ship
- As parking is on an outside ramp Normandie Express is unable to accommodate vehicles that are carrying pets with disabled or reduced mobility passengers
- Your dog's chip will be scanned and your documentation will be checked
- We will place a sticker on your car windscreen to ensure you're parked appropriately on board. Please do not remove this sticker until having exited your port of arrival
Pets must remain in your vehicle.
- We strongly recommend opening your vehicle window to provide ventilation during the sailing and leaving some water for your pet.
- The garage decks may be warm when you first park, but once the ship is at sea, the temperature is carefully regulated and inspected regularly.
Access to the garage decks during the crossing is forbidden.