There are two ways that your pet can travel on board Galicia - either in a pet-friendly cabin or dogs may stay in a kennel. We’re sorry, we can’t allow pets to stay in your car on this ship.
We make every effort to ensure the comfort and safety of pets on board our ships. Here we'll explain what you need to know about booking with us and what it's like to travel on board Galicia as a passenger with a pet.
Your dog must be muzzled at all times when outside of your vehicle or your pet's accommodation on board. This includes whilst in the pet exercise area.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You will need to have an EU Animal Health Certificate or a Pet Passport issued by an EU country for your pet to travel
- We recommend that your dog has been exercised and toileted before boarding the ship
- Your dog's chip will be scanned and your documentation will be checked
- We will place a sticker on your car windscreen to ensure you're parked appropriately on board. Please do not remove this sticker until having exited your port of arrival
- Pets are allowed in pet-friendly cabins and designated exercise areas but not in any other public area of the ship (except registered assistance dogs).
- Once you have parked on board, a member of our crew will greet you and explain the procedure for taking your pet to your cabin.
- Your pet will need to stay in your vehicle temporarily whilst you exit the garage and head up to the passenger areas of the ship.
- Shortly before departure, you will be called to the information desk.
- You and your pet will then be escorted to and from the garage and your pet-friendly cabin.
- 1 hour before arrival, an announcement will be made asking pet owners to return to their pet-friendly cabins. A crew member will then escort them to their cars, where pets will remain until arrival. Pet owners are not allowed to stay in the car.
- After arrival, an announcement will invite passengers to return to their vehicle.
For operational reasons, these procedures are subject to change. Please follow the instructions given to you by our crew. For further information, you can visit the information desk.
In bad weather conditions, pets must remain in their pet-friendly cabin. Access to the pet exercise area will not be permitted.