Travelling with a pet on board Etretat
We make every effort to ensure the comfort and safety of pets on board our ships.
Here we'll explain what you need to know about booking with us and what it's like to travel on board Etretat as a passenger with a pet.
Your dog must be muzzled at all times when outside of your vehicle or your pet's accommodation on board. This includes whilst in the pet exercise area.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Prior to booking, ensure that your pet is compliant with the PETS Travel Scheme
- We recommend that your dog has been exercised and toileted before boarding the ship
- Your dog's chip will be scanned and your Pet Passport checked
- We will place a sticker on your car windscreen to ensure you're parked appropriately on board. Please do not remove this sticker until having exited your port of arrival
Pets are not allowed in public areas of the ship or cabins (except registered assistance dogs). Pets are only allowed in pet-friendly cabins and the designated exercise area.
- If you are directed to park on the open air Deck 5, you will be greeted by a crew member who will show you how to access your pet friendly cabin on Deck 6 via an external staircase. He will give you, your cabin code.
- If you are directed to park on deck 3 you will be greeted by a crew member who will show you how to access the lift to Deck 5. On deck 5, a crew member will give you your cabin code and will show you how to access your pet-friendly cabin on deck 6 via an external staircase. Whilst transferring your dog, it must be on a lead and wearing a muzzle
During the sailing
- Dogs are only permitted in pet-friendly cabins and designated exercise areas where they must be on a lead and wearing a muzzle. Cats are also only permitted in pet-friendly cabins. They must not be taken to normal passenger cabins or any public areas on the ship
- Approximately 15 minutes before arrival, there will be an announcement inviting you to vacate your cabins and to access your vehicle on deck 5 or on deck 3. A crew member will assist you and your pet in returning to your vehicle without passing through the public areas of the ship
- Whilst transferring your dog, it must be on a lead and wearing a muzzle
Please note: In certain sea conditions, or for operational reasons, it may be necessary to vary these procedures. Please follow instructions given to you by the crew.